Monday, February 7, 2011

Tikki Tikki Tembo No Sa Rembo

While undertaking the joyous task of paying fines this evening (parking and use of toll roads - curse you!), for some reason one of my favourite childhood books came to mind -  Tikki Tikki Tembo. The shortenend name for China's longest named boy... whose real name is Tikki Tikki Tembo No Sa Rembo Chari Bari Ruchi Pip Peri Pembo.


Image from: School Center

Try saying that 3 times fast. I used to entertain myself for hours singing that to myself - this is really a window into how a bored child passes time.

The apparent lesson from the book to all parents being - don't give your children extraordinarily long names. Who cares about the lesson? What a cracking name! I've decided that my first child will either be named Tikki Tikki Tembo. Or Rumplestiltskin. Maybe both.

No comments:

Post a Comment