Saturday, May 28, 2011

Knit One, Purl One

I've got a lovely friend, whom I met some 7 or 8 years ago while working together. After dating some unworthy men, about 4 or 5 years ago she met a delightful man who treats her like a queen, cooks gourmet meals for her and celebrates with her over their newly planted vegetable/herb garden. She girlishly uttered on their wedding day a year ago that she knew on her wedding day she "would be happy but not THIS happy"!! I think about that moment often, and it brings a little tear to my eye. I just love how satisfied and happy these two are with the simplest things.

I'm super excited to be knitting for their first child (a boy), which I'm hoping will share my birthday (he's due 3 days before my birthday in September). Here's a shot of a little blanket that I hope will sometimes adorn their child's cot.


It's just a little moss-stitch number (knit one, purl one). I love the fern green colour and the how the cottony wool feels awesome against the skin. Fingers crossed that they like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment