Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday afternoon lemon curd slice


I was lucky enough to be given a big bag full of bush lemons today by a friend's mother. I don't know if you've ever seen bush lemons before (this was my first introduction) but they look a little like the evil cousin of the meyer lemon. The lemon's doppleganger as it were.

Bush lemons

Anyway, ugliness aside, they taste beautiful. So, I winkled out a Donna Hay Lemon Curd Slice recipe and threw it together. And I got to use these super-cute babushka doll measuring cups that a girlfriend gave me for Christmas.

Babushka doll measuring cups



So here's the finished result. According to the recipe I needed to put the slice in the fridge for 2 hrs before I tried to cut it into squares. I may have been a little bit hasty - but only by 15 minutes. They're tasty, but not quite as pretty as Donna Hay's. Fair enough.

Lemon curd slice...crumbly, lemon curd slice


No comments:

Post a Comment