Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Southern Adventures

I often lament that my life is REALLY dull and that I never do anything (insert high and whiny voice here). I particularly like to blame working and studying full time for this. However, it's recently come to my attention that I do in fact have a life, it's just that I sleep-walk through most of it.

So being week two of summer semester, it was the perfect time for southern adventures. Namely, hanging out with one of my favourite friends in beautiful Sydney. And Sydney really turned on the weather for my trip; clear blue skies, plenty of sun, and beautiful breezes.

We spent a good portion of our time together shopping, drinking and eating - truly, these are 3 of my favourite things to do, even though I am often overheard (from up on my high horse - the view is better up there, you see) that "shopping is not a hobby". I tell myself that recognition of this fact counter-balances the fact that I do it as often as possible.

Here's just a portion of the evidence of the recent trip:


Pedicure - delightful. Though I feel the need to use the word "classy" about strolling round Bondi Junction wearing the freebie pedicure thongs until my toenails dried (some 30 minutes).


Images from the Brett Whitely gallery in Surrey Hills. Such a talented man, and it seems, one with a penchant for cutesy imagery, such as those delightful finger skateboards. Also, that statement written on his wall (life is brief, but my god thursday afternoon seems incredibly long): never were truer words spoken. 


 Trunks are back ya'll.

Beautiful, beautiful Coogee...


No comments:

Post a Comment