Thursday, December 9, 2010

The ring of death

This has got to be my favourite week of year. Why? I hear you ask. Obviously, because it's Shark Week on the Discovery Channel. I know, I know, insert obvious joke here about the lawyer (in-waiting) who likes sharks.

But, let's face it - this is hardly the face of a creature only a mother could love....who's a pretty boy, then??



I ask you - what's not to love about a killing machine that can travel so fast it can shoot out of the water, enormous jaws gnashing, and tear you in two??


Apparently the most attack-prone area around Shark Island in South Africa is dubbed the ring of death - I love it. Can't think why sharks have such a poor reputation when they hang out in the ring of death...

But seriously, I love these bad boys. They're just amazing, powerful, intriguing...the list goes on. There's a great video on YouTube, showing two guys hanging out in a cage, into which an unsuspecting shark accidentally breaks in. I'm unable to embed it here, but check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro2jwQ-r2HA. In the original video there's a chilled out chap at the end of the video, nonchalantly referring to the fact that \safe cages are now used. How comforting.

So, with all this inspiration that Shark Week is bringing, what's a girl to do? Here's my updated list:
  1. Finish law degree, practical legal training and get admitted to the Supreme Court;
  2. Become a highly paid, much sought-after, yet relaxed lawyer;
  3. Use said high salary to travel to Shark Island in South Africa and watch these critters fly!
Well, that all seems readily achievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment