Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A new addition

Some people spend their holidays on their back relaxing; I'm not one of these people. I like to spend my time off doing stuff.

My case in point - this is a chair that I picked up from the side of the road when walking one afternoon with my bestie. It's been lazing around in my garage for 6 months waiting for a little love and attention. As you can see, it's a little worse for wear.




That's a whole lotta damage. I spent a good long time sanding new my addition and filling those MASSIVE tears/cracks in with Fuller's Easy Filler. Perhaps I should bring an action for misleading or deceptive conduct regarding the name of the product, because I can assure you, there's nothing easy about getting that crumbly stuff all super smooth.


They say that a poor tradesman always blames his tools, but if the back of this chair pops open, I'm going to blame shite glue and bulldog clips. Who needs fancy schmancy clamps when there are bulldog clips around?



Anyway, I think it came out looking pretty cute, even if I didn't get the filled in bits exactly perfect. As the saying goes - don't let good be the enemy of perfect.




Alright, I did a crap job with the filler as you can see on the top left side. Who's gonna know?? The colour, you ask?? Velvet Morning. How is nomenclature for paints actually a job?

No comments:

Post a Comment