Sunday, June 26, 2011

New Farm Park Juggernaut

So there I was having a relaxing Sunday in New Farm Park, throwing round a frisbee with a few others when a bunch of juggers rocked up. Yes, juggers. Not jugglers.

The idea of the game is to attempt to jam a faux dog's head onto a pole at either end of the field, all the while your ye-goode fellow team members beat the other team around with softly padded battle gear, their long hair streaming in the warm sun... The nice jugger-man told me that each round is timed beautifully to the throwing of 100 pebbles against a gong. Seriously. 

Image courtesy of Brisbane Juggers.

I don't expect to take up the sport myself anytime soon, but it's certainly entertaining to watch; though, for those who are so inclined I say jug-it-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment