Thursday, September 22, 2011

Remember the Dewey Decimal System??

I picked up Real Estate Agency Law in Queensland by W D Duncan today to flick through for work purposes, and on the very first page was this:

Ye olde fashioned library slip
That's right. A library slip, complete with names and return date.

It took me straight back to primary school where each Wednesday we'd have library day. We'd all toddle in with our scabby knees and book bags, scan through the catalogues and find a book that we fancied. This book featured heavily in my borrowing for a few years. I tell you, working out the Dewey Decimal System was no mean feat as a 6 year old.

I always had a crappiest library bag too. Nothing like this cutie:
Boo Boo Bag - image from This Next

And how delightful is this library slip from the 40's - adorned with the image of an aloof young girl:

Image from Hang Fire Books

No comments:

Post a Comment